N601 - Agricultural Tractor
Course Duration: 1-3 days depending on experience.
This course teaches you how to operate an agricultural tractor safely and productively.
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Set up exclusion zone
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for agricultural tractor use
- Prepare the agricultural tractor for use
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, mounted and PTO drives ready for operation
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the 'HS&E TESTED Logo' displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Good understanding of spoken and written English.