N304 - Cable Avoidance Tools
Course Duration: 1 Day
To provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to the use of equipment that is used to locate underground services, prior to excavation.
Experienced Worker Test,
upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Identify different types of underground services.
- Use pipe and cable locators.
- Safely operate a basic Cable Avoidance Tool and Genny.
- Demonstrate an awareness of methods concerning the detection of underground services.
- Select and understand cable plans.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Pre-operational Checks
- Demonstrated correct way to hold locating tool/generator
- Swept area for underground apparatus & recorded any findings
- Demonstrated Pinpointing and Tracing in ‘P’ Mode
- Demonstrated Pinpointing and Tracing in ‘R’ Mode
- Demonstrated Induction using Generator
- Demonstrated Direct Connection
- End of Search: Inspect all equipment used for Defects, Clean Equipment, Stow Equipment Away Correctly, and Remove Battery Pack.
Interested in this course - send an equiry here: