N138 - Telescopic Handler - Suspended Loads
1 - 6 Days depending on experience.
The aim of training candidates on N138 – Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads is to provide them with basic knowledge and practical skills to NPORS high standard. (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
Experienced Worker Test,
upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain Safe Working loads, Lifting capacity chart and explain how the manufacturer may reduce the lifting capacity when moving a suspended load, different lifting configurations and working ranges.
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category.
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads.
- Identify any overhead / proximity hazards.
- Be able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing placement zone with the Slinger / Signaller.
- Ensure Telescopic Handler is in a safe condition and attachments fitted correctly.
- Checked load integrity and security.
- Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner, ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all out-of service and securing procedures.
All candidates must have undertaken a Health and Safety Touch Screen Theory Test within the last 2 years.
On successful completion of the NPORS assessments you will be issued with NPORS certification.