N402 NPORS Slinger Signaller
The NPORS N402 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in Slinging and Signalling Loads in order to to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Experienced Worker Test,
upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a Slinger/Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the technical data, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
Candidates must bring and wear their PPE on site for plant testing. They must also bring signature and photographic identification as required for all testing.